Jamaica MY Island Home

 Jamaica! My Island home,

Me love Kingston although me come from Frome.

Jamaica! My Island Yawd,

When we inna trouble, we call pon we lawd.

From Shelly-Ann Fraser, yo Usain Bolt,

Bob and the Wailers, or even John Holt.

Whether pon di or inna music,

Me can bet and win, Jamaicans naa refuse it.

Hand cyart, truck back a di best joy ride,

While eating coconut drops till we clyde.

But, that little island full of trees,

Painted with white sandy beaches and chilled with the tropical breeze.

The home of ebonies standing on feet of gold,

With thick luscious lips, from whence stories unfold.

Uncle Sam, you can take your bed of foam,

I'm going to Jamaica, MY Island Home. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jehovah's Witness

My Name is Jon

Treading Dangerous Waters- chapter 2