The Obeah Man- Chapter 1

As I watched from the window of my second story office, I could see the fear that was plastered on their faces as they approached the entrance of my facility. This was my moment. This was my opportunity to pull off my biggest heist yet. The cold sweat that washed their faces and armpits left a watermarked trail as they slugged themselves to the location. In the blink of an eye, I was at the gate ready to welcome them, which tortured them with terror as they tried to fathom the quickness of my movement.

The smell of weeks old grapefruit washed with jeyes had perfumed the passage way, as the candles directed them in the darkness; white, black, red in that order.

“Stop here!”…I instructed…”one by one, make your way to my voice,” I continued in the most obscure voice I could possibly generate.

As the first person made their way to my voice, the silence was disturbed by the sound of their knees shaking just below the intense pounding of their hearts.

“Yuh fraid?” I questioned as he timidly nodded in confirmation.

“Can’t be afraid and want to be successful man, have to be able to take risks,” i said to him as I looked dead in his eyes with the seriousness of a judge on a murder trial. “The best things in life my boy, are on the other side of fear. Step into the darkness so you can see the light,” I assured him.

Tears gathered at the banks of his eyelids as he now stumbled upon a life changing decision that needed his immediate attention.

“You come too far from where you started from to turn back. I’ll be standing over there in the dark and I’m going to give you a minute to think. I won’t say where I am, but you’ll see the light.”

I stepped back into the darkness as I flipped through the catalogues in my brain to see which other gospel song I could quote to him.

“Genna!” He shouted in the darkness. “Me ready now, time is money,” he continued.

As I hummed in agreement and stepped towards him, I spoke,

“It’s Bishop Genna for you.”

“Put the money pon the table and take off your clothes,” I instructed. “You did wear the white underwear that I said?”

“Yes Bishop Genna”

“I was glad when they said unto me, come let’s go in the house of the lord…” I bursted out singing in an eerie and somber tune, pulling on every word as they escaped grasps of my lips.

The limes were cut and squeezed in the tub of sea water. The balls of blue were crushed and I had used the ruler from turban to dissolve them thoroughly.

“Step into your anointing! I shouted as I whispered to myself, not so bad for my first rodeo.

“Wash weh all bad mind!”
“All en vious!”
“Every eni quity!”
“Suck- sess!”
“Suck sess!”
“Repeat Psalms 37 with me as me throw the beer pon you”

 

“The Lord is My shepherd, I shall not want…,” the man uttered

 

“Then sar, you never go Sunday School as pickney’? I interrupted. “You need God inna yuh life,” I continued.

 

As I sprinkled tea tree oil over him, I instructed that he allow himself to be dried without using a towel.

 

“Don’t bathe for 3 days straight to keep the magic powerful,” I informed. “Oh, before me forget, see the ring of protection yah,” as I ‘caught the spirit’ while passing my outstretched hand to him.

“The duppy never waa let me go,” I said while laughing. “You’ll be in good company,” as he fitted the ring to his finger.

“Gwan a road now! gwan a lead!” I shouted as I wrapped up my session. 

Comments

  1. This got me😅 for a moment there I thought the obeha man was about to take his innocents

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jehovah's Witness

My Name is Jon

Treading Dangerous Waters- chapter 2