"Come yah so and don't move," a deep voice said,

The nozzle of an M16 rifle caressed the left temple of my head.

Camouflaged suits, stood distinctively in the pitch-black,

Maneuvering through the yard, they huddled back to back.

"Weh yuh name?" Who an' you live?" The questions came plenty,

My face was contoured with shock and blushed with fright like makeup done by Fenty.

But, like a Dreaming Black Boy, I sent the hindrances on snooze,

Athletically completed; the yardie Langston Hughes.

Walking out in a uniform, they were captivated by my essence,

The green and black on my crest immediately took precedence.

Wondering who will come out next, I felt like Mo Farah,

As I quote "Once Upon a Time"- Gabriel Okara.

The many faces for different places, that I learned to wear,

As I trod the streets with confidence, and not that of fear.  

Comments

  1. "Like Make up done by Fenty" 🤣🤣🤣🤣😭😭

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jehovah's Witness

My Name is Jon

Treading Dangerous Waters- chapter 2