The Death of Love

 Heroin, cocaine, crack nor even meth,

Would be able to adequately explain, the meaning of your untimely death

Your essence still lingers, and your hugs on my body, forever will remain,

Dopamine and serotonin, your voice awakes the chambers of my brain.

Accepting the reality, I often equivocate,

Cerebrum in tact? Cerebellum, what's your state?

Our journey together, may have been lost on avenue Hippocampus,

My limbic system crashing, heart deflating like a rhombus.

Looking through the windows of your soul, watching more pain unwraps,

Leering into void, my mouth speaking only gasps.

Many years in the making, our love was like our grind,

Insecurities, vices and flaws, no wonder love is blind.

Do I still love you? You know I can't pretend,

Let me hear your voice again, so I know it's not the end.


 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Jehovah's Witness

My Name is Jon

Treading Dangerous Waters- chapter 2